Saturday, May 12, 2012

Progress!

We have been busy little bees over here at the Happy Dog homestead and the progress has been quite noticeable.  I think you are all going to like this as much as I do.  

The yard.  It needed a bit of an overhaul and really, what is better than a tidy yard?  There are people who devote the entire rest of their lives to the perfect yard.  I've met them.  It's intense.  Now don't get me wrong, we're not the all crabgrass and clover must die types but we do enjoy seeing a pretty little yard when we step outside with everybody.  There is still a little ways to go but we have accomplished some of the most important aspects.  

After a little discussion, we decided we wanted the fencing whiter and higher.  As I can be pretty neurotic and give everything far too much credit, I wanted a fence that never made me question its' purpose, which we all know is to keep things in or out.  We both wanted something that when we looked out at it, it made our light sensitive eyes pleased with what was being taken in.

We chose lattice because it's inexpensive with a decent amount of strength to it.  Also, we have started some seeds of flowering vines and the vines will love weaving in and out of the lattice.  Sunflowers are coming up in the back right corner.  We're hoping it will be an explosion of color at some point.

Side Note:  While looking over these pictures, you are ignoring the lawn.  It has been seeded so I'm hoping grass will fill in the bald spots very soon.  In fact, I was out there this morning checking out all the new growth!  :)

Now, before we get started I would love to be all I'm the champion of fence builders! But credit must be given where credit is due, and Anthony has handled most of the installation and painting.  He's a machine. While I was out caring for pets, he was home taking care of business.

The following pictures are before and after with a little explanation.  

Back fence.  Looking directly off the back porch

Back fence.  Painted and lattice added to the top

Front left side fence.  Looking from the back to the front, opposite the gate.

Front left side fence.  Painted and lattice added

Side fence.   To the right as you come in the gate.
Side fence.  Painted, lattice added to the top.  

Side and back fencing before

Side and back fencing after
There is a lot more to it, but I believe these to be the pictures that help to show the more obvious progress.  I'm pretty psyched about the whole thing because now the dogs can run amok without a second thought from us and that is always more fun, wouldn't you say?  

1 comment:

  1. Nice fence! Quite a transformation between before & after. Enjoy gazing upon it as much as the dogs will enjoy grazing within it.

    ReplyDelete