Thursday, June 6, 2013

Angel, Luna and I need your help.


I have recently had one of the most wonderful people I have ever known pass away.  She was like a sister to me.  She owned two cats, Angel and Luna, whom she loved more than anything else on this planet.  I promised her I would make sure they would be taken care of were anything to happen to her and I aim to keep my word.

After retrieving them from the apartment where they were abandoned, I have had both girls at my home for a couple days.  As much as they are very worried and confused, they have started to explore and show themselves a little more instead of hiding all day.  They are nice cats and even after all they had gone through prior to coming here, were not aggressive or mean in any way. 

After much deliberation, I have come to the extremely painful conclusion that I cannot keep them here.  With all of the dogs coming through my home, it simply isn’t a solution that I can honestly say is best for Angel and Luna.  They are residing in my office (behind a closed baby gate and door), which leads onto a screened porch, so they are at least safe and well cared for, but I believe they need more room and somewhere they don’t have to worry about the constant coming and going of dogs (some of which want to do them harm).  I visit with them frequently throughout the day but I can see the dogs have them on edge.

Once they are a little more settled, I will be taking them for vaccinations and to be spayed.  I just want to give them a little time to adjust first. 

I will also try to get better pictures as they come out from hiding.  They both look very similar and I believe they are sisters from the same litter.  Angel is a little smaller than Luna but other than that, their markings are very alike.  They are both your typical shorthaired tiger cat.



I am putting this out to all of you pet lovers because this is a strange situation.  I am not willing to simply hand them over to someone and wish them well.  I am searching for an owner who is willing to not only keep Angel and Luna for their whole life, but I am also looking for someone who is willing to stay in touch with me for that entire period.  My promise to my friend is very important to me, and I personally believe that not knowing how the girls are, or where they are, breaches that trust she had in me.  

The only care requests I have are that the new home have some cat experience and will have Angel and Luna remain indoor cats.  My friend did not let them roam outside (unless on a harness and leash) and I know that would be very important to her.  

If there is anyone who would like to help, please contact me in any way you choose.  I will happily keep them with me until I find the correct arrangement.  I'm not going to be overly picky, but I am going to be pretty serious about how I go about this, as where these two cats end up is incredibly important to me.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment