Saturday, April 27, 2013

Walls might keep others out, but gates let in the puppy magic...

I trust you are all enjoying spring weather which has finally arrived!  The playgroup dogs and I certainly have been and if there is no reason to go inside, we simply stay out.  SO nice.

As of last year I have been wanting to replace the main gate to the yard.  The old one was a tad too short for my liking, and was starting to look pretty shabby.

As my driveway is exactly 8' wide, I have been waiting for "the perfect height" fence panel, because life just isn't worth it unless I am constantly on mission impossible.  And heaven forbid I simply go to a fence supply store and tell them what I want.  Then while browsing Craigslist the other day, I spotted the perfect panel.  4 1/2' x 8'.  Right?  How perfect is that?

So, with a whole bunch of help from friends, the new gate was transported, constructed and hung.  I am beside myself with how much I love it.  It's super sturdy, tongue and groove and short enough that I can easily see over.  There is a sweet double latch system going on to soothe that neurotic woman inside me  who constantly reminds me of everything that could possibly go wrong (even though nothing she tries to convince me of has ever even come close to happening).

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, The Gate.










No comments:

Post a Comment